Dr. Suvadip Chatterjee Consultant, Gastroenterology
Areas of Expertise:
- Advanced therapeutic endoscopy – including ERCP and Endoscopic ultrasound
- Fatty Liver disease and other liver problems
- Heartburn, acidity, dyspepsia & ulcer disease
- Colonic polyps – resection & polypectomy
- Bowel problems – diarrhea & constipation
- Weight loss, unexplained anemia and GI bleeding
English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi & Bengali
Dr. Suvadip Chatterjee obtained MBBS and MD in Internal medicine from Christian Medical College and Hospital Ludhiana, India with multiple honors and distinctions. He was awarded the best outgoing intern.
He passed MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland) and obtained super-specialty training in Gastroenterology (CCT) from United Kingdom. Dr Suvadip completed a therapeutic endoscopy fellowship at Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK focusing on advanced therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound. He is accredited by the Joint Advisory Group, UK as an independent therapeutic endoscopist. He was awarded the British Society of Gastroenterology visiting fellowship to the Medical University of South Carolina, USA in 2012.
Dr Chatterjee established the GI and endoscopy services at Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India which is the largest tertiary care oncology hospital in Eastern India. Later, he was also instrumental in the commissioning of the new state of the art endoscopy unit there.
Previously, as Head of Department of gastroenterology at Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah, UAE he was involved in the JCI accreditation of the unit and in establishing therapeutic endoscopy services at this unit; particularly ERCP and bariatric endoscopy.
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh (RCPE)
- American Society of Gastro-intestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Indian Society for Gastroenterology (ISG)
- Society for Gastro-intestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)