Dr Nazim AlRifai Specialist, General Surgeon
Areas of Expertise:
- Obesity management & surgery:
- Sleeve gastrectomy, Gastric bypass
- Bariatric revision surgery
- Endoscopic balloon insertion
- Gastric Surgery, Small & Large Bowel Surgery
- GERD & Hiatus Hernia Surgery
- Endocrine & Thyroid Surgery
- Gall Bladder & Biliary Tree Surgery
- Hernia & Abdominal Wall Surgery
- Abdominal Emergency Surgery
Arabic & English
Dr. Nazim AlRifai has completed Bachelors in Medicine & Surgery and MD (General Surgery) from Damascus University, Syria. He has completed MRSCI – (Member of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland).
He is also trained in ATLS - (Advanced Life Trauma Support) from American College of Surgeons and has completed certified program in Mediaarthistories from Danube University of KREMS, Austria.
Dr. Nazim AlRifai has vast experience of over 20 years in Bariatric, Obesity Surgery & Weight Management. He has worked as a Surgeon in several prominent hospitals in the UAE and the Middle East. He also is an adjunct professor, lecturer and examiner in several prominent universities and medical colleges in Europe and the UAE. Dr. Nazim is a surgeon of excellence of bariatric & obesity from the American Surgical Review Corporation.