Dr Mustafa Hassan Marai HOD & Consultant, Dermatology
Areas of Expertise:
- Management of acute and chronic skin diseases of both paediatric and adult age groups.
- Management of Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Eczema, Acne, Rosace, Lupus and different skin infections.
- Use of Biological Injection treatment for Psoriasis, Eczema, Urticaria and Hedradenitis Supporitiva.
- Skin surgery for different moles and skin cancers including Melanoma, SCC, BCC, and others.
- Skin surgery of skin cysts, fatty lumps, in-growing nails and cosmetic surgery for benign growths.
- Management of different hair problems including, hair loss and alopecia both in men and women.
- Management of many sexually transmitted diseases (STD) as Genital Warts, Syphilis, and Herpes.
- Cryotherapy and Electrocatery for treatment of skin tags, different viral warts and corns.
- Lasers treatment for hair removal, vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation, acne scars and many others.
- Botox injections for wrinkles, severe sweating and Fillers for soft tissue augmentation.
- PRP and Mesotheray injections treatment for skin rejuvenation and hair loss.
- Skin Peeling for treatment of facial scars and pigmentation.
Arabic and English.
Dr. Mustafa completed his MBBChB at Al Arab Medical University in Libya (1992), and his Diploma in Internal Medicine at the Imperial College of the University of London, UK (1998). He then received the MSc Clinical Dermatology at King’s College of the University of London (1999), and the MRCP Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (2003).
Dr. Mustafa was a House Officer medical rotation in Tripoli, Libya (1991 – 1992), an SHO medical rotation (1992 – 1994), and then a Registrar of Dermatology at the Central Tripoli Hospital in Libya (1994 - 1997). He was also a Clinical Fellow at Saint Thomas’s Hospital (1998 – 1999), and at Hammersmith Hospital (1997 – 1998) London, UK. Dr. Mustafa attended many development courses including an Allergy and the Skin course at Norwich Summer Allergy School in Norwich University, and an Advanced Scottish Paediatric Dermatology course at Ninewells Hospital in Dundee.
Dr. Mustafa worked in the dermatology field since 2002, Attending & participating in teaching medical students and new dermatology doctors at many dermatology meetings and conferences in the UK, Europe & the US. Dr. Mustafa held the position of Dermatology Specialist at Birmingham Skin Center, Birmingham City Hospital, UK (2002 – 2003), and the Dermatology Department, Doncaster Royal Infirmary Hospital, UK (2003 – 2009) where he was later promoted to Dermatology Consultant (2009 – 2012).
Dr. Mustafa’s expertise is in the management of all skin diseases both acute and chronic of both adult and pediatric age group, including psoriasis, vitiligo, eczema, acne, different skin infections. He has experience in skin surgery for treatment of different moles, different skin cancers, different skin cysts and fatty lumps, as well as the use of cryotherapy, different Lasers for hair removal, vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation, Botox injections for wrinkles and sweating, fillers for soft tissue augmentation, Skin Peeling and Mesotherapy.
Dr. Mustafa is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists and member of the European Academy of Dermatologists and Venerologists.
Dr. Mustafa has attended over 15 conferences and has several presentations to his name, the latest being “Management of Acne” (2010) and “Dermatosis of Pregnancy” (2011) at Doncaster Royal Infirmary Hospital.