The Department of Surgery at NMC Royal Hospital Sharjah uses the latest Weight Loss techniques and follows a multi-disciplinary approach. Our expert consultant surgeons are specialized in minimally invasive procedures, and experience in treating obesity. The expertise, facilities and the comforting ambience at NMC Royal Hospital, Sharjah can help you gain a better quality of life
What is Obesity?
- BMI of more than 35 without other disorder.
- BMI of more than 30 with disorders like Diabetes Hypertension etc.
Need for weight reduction
- Sedentary life style
- Changing eating pattern
- Increase risk of cardiac, ortho related & pulmonary complications
- Increase risk of cancer
- Psychological stress
Who is eligible to get counseled/treated?
- Obese patients of BMI of 30 or above
- Selective weight loss requires patients like abdominal fat reduction, thighs, back, arms, etc.
- Diet counselling
- Obesity induced diabetes
- General population who would like to have an insight into obesity.
- Childhood obesity
- Bariatric Surgery - To treat obesity of varying levels with custom made treatment plans for individuals.
- Body contouring/plastic surgery - To treat selective obesity or post bariatric surgery skin tightening.
- Diet counselling - To provide solution of diet/healthy eating habits.
- Endocrinology work up - To assess the possible endocrine causes for obesity and also for assessment of diabetes secondary to obesity.
- Psychological counselling - To address the stress